Stormwater Intrusion Prevention Tips for Seaside Residents?
When there is a storm, water can seep into cracks or openings around windows, doors, or the home’s foundation. Our Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team restores storm-damaged properties every year in Seaside. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted stormwater:
Inspect and Repair Your Home’s Exterior
You can prevent stormwater from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the house and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are an excellent way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will quickly find its way into a structure when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter the foundation wall through cracks.
Call Us Today!
When your Seaside home or commercial business has storm water damage, our local team in Destin, Seaside, and Freeport will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-267-0746.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.