Storm Emergency Kit Tips for Destin Families?
The Gulf Coast is challenged by all kinds of weather each year. Thunderstorms, lightning, tornadoes, strong winds, and hurricanes are fairly common occurrences. Our local Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team has been restoring storm damage in Destin for over twenty years. Here are some survival kit tips from the American Red Cross on things you should have on hand:
- Water: one gallon per person, per day (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Food: non-perishable, easy-to-prepare items (3-day supply for evacuation, 2-week supply for home)
- Battery-powered or hand-crank radio (NOAA Weather Radio, if possible)
- Extra batteries
- Deluxe family first aid kit
- Medications (7-day supply) and medical items
- Multi-purpose tool
- Sanitation and personal hygiene items
- Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information, proof of address, deed/lease to home, passports, birth certificates, insurance policies)
- Cell phone with chargers (Similar item available in the Red Cross Store)
- Family and emergency contact information
- Extra cash
- Emergency blanket
- Maps of the area
Inclement weather can cause storm damage any time of the year in Destin. When your home or commercial business has storm damage, our Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team will restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-267-0746.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.