Six Rainy Days in January in Destin?
Our local Destin, Seaside, and Freeport teams are trusted leaders in storm damage mitigation and restoration services. The average January temperature highs in Destin range from 62 to 64°, getting about six days of rain. After any rain event, it is a good idea to look for visible signs of water damage. Through routine inspection and maintenance of your home’s exterior, expensive repairs can be avoided. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted stormwater damage:
Inspect and Repair Your Home’s Exterior
You can prevent water from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the house and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are a good way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency in your Destin home or business, our Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 850-267-0746.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.