Fire Safety Tips for Vacation Homeowners in Seaside?
Our local Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team restores fire damage in Seaside every year. If you own a seasonal home in Seaside, you will benefit from following these seasonal home safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
- Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room, outside each separate sleeping area, and on every level of the home
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month using the test button
- Install carbon monoxide (CO) alarms outside each separate sleeping area, on every level of the home, and in other locations, as required by laws, codes, or standards
- Test CO alarms at least once a month
- Pack extra batteries for smoke alarms and CO alarms in case they need replacing
- Make a home escape plan. Practice the plan with everyone in the household, including visitors.
- Know the telephone number of the local fire department and the address and phone number of the vacation home
- Chimneys and vents need to be cleaned and inspected by a qualified professional at least once a year
- If you smoke, smoke outside. Use deep, sturdy ashtrays.
- If you are renting, contact the property manager, landlord, or fire department to be sure that smoke alarms and CO alarms are installed and properly working
When your Seaside home or commercial business needs fire damage restoration services, our Destin, Seaside, and Freeport team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 850-267-0746.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.